Saturday, June 22, 2013

One month out

A month from today, I'll be landing in Frankfurt -- which I guess is one of the largest and most complicate airports in the Europe. Talk about a baptism by fire! Fortunately Glen and Betina will meet me there and help me find my way through the maze.

I'm still confident my passport will arrive in time... but I'm also just a little nervous and what happens if it doesn't. If I didn't have stuff to stress over, I wouldn't be me, rigtht?

Meantime, I'm trying to learn some basic German language skills (even though Glen assures me I won't need them). I'm amazed at how many free language courses are available on podcast and online!

I now know how to ask for water, ask directions to the bathroom and to tell someone when I'm hungry. Oh, and of course I've learned how to say I don't speak German; Can you speak English?


1 comment:

  1. DE has many contemporary painters. Hope you see some of their work in your town.

    ReplyDelete